Who are we?

Who are we? Each of us on Team Potter grew up competing in a sport that many people are just now beginning to hear about: curling. It's a sport of strategy, strength, skill and camaraderie. In the fall and winter months we spend much of our time practicing and competing in bonspiels both in the USA and internationally; and in the off-season, we train and prepare ourselves for the competitive season. We are currently training for the 2014 Olympic Trials. Follow this blog to check in on our competitive season.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mixed Doublers Beware!

Ry and I are heading down to the club tomorrow night and Tuesday lunch hour to prepare to take on H2H and Px2. Laura, I was thinking that if you had your heart set on a nickname, you could be Team GRRR! Ryan and I--Nicknames? We don't need no stinking nicknames! Really though, we're looking forward to sharing food and bathrooms with the people we will call our competition, for a weekend anyway!

For everyone watching online at home, email us at teamlemke@usacurl.org. We will love to hear from you! It goes from Thursday until Sunday, so a little support would be great for the long weekend. Have a good one!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Corrie and I will be ready for team RyJack! and team H2H and GRRR! Hehe :) We're getting pumped for the big weekend. We'll have to brainstorm food. Cor and I are thinking Chili? We've got some venison to bring up and we can bring our crock pot too!

Jamie said...

Hey I googled Mixed Doubles to try to find the draw, and found this: http://curling.teamusa.org/news/article/8145
It mentions everyone on the team!

Bring on the draws! I wonder what the ice will be like in Two Harbors?

Hey Jackie and Ryan- I guess it will take a lot of practice to upset these Happy Haskells! Ha ha ha...:P

Kroy said...

Good luck at mixed doubles everyone!!! I'll be watching the scores online. Maybe next year I'll try it out. And Jackie I think a good nickname for your team would be Team JackAss! I think Ryan's portion of the nickname suits him well :)